What happens if I want to get back with my spouse?


Sometimes divorce seems like the only solution. Often it is not.

After a divorce action has been commenced, you may change your mind and try to work things out. We encourage any efforts toward reconciliation. If you have reconciled, you should notify us as soon as possible. If you do reconcile, the divorce action can either remain on file or can be dismissed. If the case remains on file, the court may ultimately dismiss the case or request a hearing to resolve the matter. If an “answer” has already been filed in the case, the divorce action cannot be dismissed without written approval of both parties and their attorneys.